"Aesir: The Last Avatar" - What if Avatar: The Last Airbender was set in Iron Age Britannia?

itch cover image

Hi everyone! I’m excited and terrified to put my baby out into the public eye. It’s been cooking long enough.

It’s Roman invaders, viking berserkers, tricksy fae, petty kings, colossal elemental avatars that reshape the very landscape with their passing, and a group of adventurers trying to carve out their legacy while ancient spirits observe their deeds.

Instead of dice, cards are drawn. Instead of martial arts, runes are drawn. There’s some hexcrawling, optional combat rules, and of course… Chimeric animals. The itch page has the playtest doc, character generator (in excel format), crew (called ‘Hirds’) sheets, and the link to a discord channel.

https://velenne.itch.io/aesir-the-last-avatar
(FitD hack ; playtesters wanted)

5 Likes

Popping in with a quick update:

Folks are getting back to me with some great feedback and I’m posting regular devlogs to the itch.io site linked above. This week’s post: Feast & Fellowship, a special action during this game’s version of downtime that’s designed to promote more intra-party dynamics. Hope you like it!