Any chance of an updated stretch goal timeline?

We’re getting close to five years (wow!) since the original Kickstarter, and haven’t hears much from several of the stretch goals. Is there a shot we could see a detailed breakdown of where everything is at, like we’ve had in the past?

1 Like

Hi cali_keftiu,

Thanks for the reminder, we’re due for an update! Right now we’ve been working on Coneycatchers (in layout), Broken Crown (in development), Bluecoats (in development), and Blades of the Jhereg (in development and layout), but I’ll talk to John about putting together a Kickstarter update with something more concrete soon.

3 Likes

Another cool stretch goal is a novel set in the Blades in the Dark setting. The first novel, Silk and Silver, was written as a response to that stretch goal. The second one is out, and the third one is in editing and is anticipated to be out by the end of March. http://www.lulu.com/us/en/shop/andrew-shields/silk-and-silver/paperback/product-23886339.html

6 Likes

Andrew’s novels are GREAT. I think every Blades fan will enjoy them.

4 Likes

Hi Sean- what’s the possibility of some of the KS material being made available to those of us who were too late for the original campaign? I’d happily pay for Blades of the Jhereg, for example.

Many of the stretch goals are available in other places but it all depends on the creators. Off the top of my head:

Band of Blades
Scum and Villainy
The Leech
The Spider
Illustrated Maps
City of Red Waters (if you contact Ash for playtesting)
Blades Against Darkness
Viiglantes

And these aren’t available publicly yet, but I know the authors intent to release them after further revisions:

Doomed
Grifters
Womb of Night
Bluecoats
Broken Crown
Coneycatchers
Sparrow’s Folly

As for Jhereg, I know that one needed special permission, so I think it’s only going to be for Kickstarter backers, but I’ll look into it.

3 Likes

That’s fair. Thank you. :slight_smile:

Awesome, super excited to crack into these!

I heard recently that there was a Rail Jacks stretch goal; assuming that’s correct, what’s the chance that will become available to non-backers in some form?

Terribly excited for Broken Crown, and sorry that I’m always such a nag about these things!

On the subject: any news on the U’Duasha front? I’d love to finally be able to buy that.

U’Duasha plans are in the works, but we don’t have an estimate on them yet. It’s a bit pot to stir.

Just figured I would ping this topic again, as the last update was over six months ago…

We’re wrapping up some details on a couple things so we can share new content in the next update. We’ll have it out this month.

Are there any plans to make it purchase-able by people who weren’t in the kickstarter?

1 Like

Yes, I am also late on the Blades bandwagon and wonder what and when will be avialable outside of the Kickstarter stream. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can someone explain the difference between a playset and a full game from the newest update?

I would say a full game is a complete product on its own, while a playset is a twist on the main game, and requires the main book to run.

A playset is a collection of playbooks for characters and crews, plus any special rules or other material needed to use them in a new setting. A playset is a supplement, requiring the core Blades rules to play. All of the stretch goal add-ons were conceived as playsets.

Some of the authors decided to expand their playsets into full (standalone) games, and generously donated those full games to the KS backers (beyond the playset they were required to deliver).

2 Likes

Hey Sean, could you email me? talisoncrosby@gmail.com

I backed the BitD kickstarter years ago when I was a college student. Unfortunately I no longer have access to my student email and realized I’ve missed a bunch of the stretch goals I was looking forward to (particularly leviathan song and the ghost lines playbook)

I tried getting some help in the discord and was sent here. I’ve been a fan for a while and when I saw the updated stretch goal progress list in another discord, I realized I hadn’t received an update in years. My bad for getting locked out of my old account.

Thanks in advance for your help!

It’s been a year and a half since the last Kickstarter update - anything to report on the remaining stretch goals? I’d love to hear about Null Vector or Throne of the Void.

2 Likes