[DEPRECATED] A Fistful of Darkness: Weird West Hack (Beta)

Woohoo and yeehaw! Been waiting for this one! Congrats!

1 Like

Bought and bravo. Sehr gut gemacht!

1 Like

:partying_face:

We finished our campaign a few weeks ago and had a lot of fun in the process :grinning:

1 Like

… with lots of god input coming from it. “Blood Rain” to name just one detail which made it into the book. Thanks @Tubal

2 Likes

Congratulations! I’ll grab a copy today. I’ve been looking forward to seeing it.

1 Like

Are there any online resources, character sheets etc, for the game? I’m really interested in it, but even without the quarantine, my gaming groups are all online.

1 Like

Congrats on getting it to release! I’m a little mad I never managed to run that playtest I said I was going to; my regular group disbanded when someone moved away, I’m sorry about that. I look forward to checking out the completed game though.

1 Like

Right now, I’m updating the roll20 character sheets. I expect to have them in my git reposorty during the weekend. Note, that you need a roll20 pro account to upload custom character sheets.
Therefore I’m trying to learn to bring you those sheets as default sheets. Still reading/learning for this next step.

Also: There are custom clocks and templates for NPC cards via my wordpress site (scroll all the way down). The link for the git repository is also on this page.

If you need more, please let me know maybe I can create something.

2 Likes

Thanks and no problem regarding that playtest. Hope you like the book.

2 Likes

Did an update to the aFoD roll20 character sheets. Should be identical to the book release, now.
You can find them here on GitHub.

Important: You need an pro account of roll20 to use custom character sheets.

I pushed them also into the default directory of roll20 but I’m still waiting for feedback from there. Please expect some more bugfixing before they are available as standard character sheets (meaning usable without pro account). I will keep you posted about this.

3 Likes

A bit late to the roundup, but way to go! Now off to itch.io to put a few greenbacks in your pocket by way of a reward for your magnificent craftsmanship.

2 Likes

I’m not a western fan.
What I’m a fan of are good looking Forged in the Dark games. And this looks amazing.
Just bought it. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

It’s never too late to give those demons hell! Great to have you in the posse and thanks for the money and the praising. :smile:

1 Like

Great! You know, I don’t see myself as a game designer. aFoD was my excuse to create art and teach me new stuff in the process. Learned a lot and got in teach with a lot of nice people.
Thanks for your support!

1 Like

Our group wasn’t super versed in Western stuff either so we leaned pretty hard into the Weird part of Weird West :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Just bought this hack and it looks excellent!
Our “posse” will definitely try this after we finish Blades campaign. I really like the “apocalypse is coming” thing in the rules.
We will be running through Roll20 so I have time to wait for the sheets but I have some asset questions regarding that medium though:

1. Loved the clocks you made! Any chance of getting larger cylinders for 10/12 clocks or is the idea to use multiple cylinders?
  2. Saw you had some stuff for Wonderdraft. As much as I like worldbuilding a general “weird west” map would help a bit with athmosphere and I could always add stuff to it. Do you happen to have any cool general maps made and able to share them? Or have you found any cool assets to help me build one? Isometric cow skulls and cacti and abandoned mines and all that.:smiley:
1 Like

Hi there! “looks excellent” was the feedback I was working for. Thanks for that! :smile:

Roll20 are already available (since yesterday). I just didn’t manage to announce that yet, but yeah there there even for non-pro accounts. (big milestone for my developer ego).

Regarding the questions:

1. I tried to make 10/12 clocks but they didn’t look good. Chambers were too small or the cylinder was too big, it just did not look cool. So, yes, as you already guessed. please use multiple cylinders for that.
  2. I was working on a wonderdraft default but I’m afraid I lost my way here in the meantime. I started again yesterday after sawing some cool wild-west maps on reddit and found out that the “Paper” theme of wonderdraft is working pretty good.
    I can share my work-in-progress-tokens with you. I made some canyons, settlements, mines, rope brigdes, etc. which may be helpful. As said these are work in progress.
    The style is similar to that of the book. If you want them, let me know and I create something for you.

Noticed the sheets as well, good job! Was wondering what was up with that since I only have a plus account and thought they were for pro only.
I will just rob the internet for some random maps should we start before your done, trying to avoid the hassle of doing it myself since I am not visually that creative, might contact you about the assets at some point though if I need to add some to what I find thanks!
(BTW found this and sooo gonna rob that for this campaign.:grinning:

1 Like

Thanks for the link. The maps looks really cool. My items are a bit more abstract. I’ll let you know when they are done.

Please use the new thread for you comments, this one is outdated. Thanks!