Edgelord Assholes in Wonderland: A Paragon Playset (WIP)

I started to work on a Paragon playset and as of now I have lots of ideas (not written down yet) and a WIP cover.

The set is called Edgelord Assholes in Wonderland and it’s planned as a game about frustrated former friends trapped in cute bodies trying to find their way back home from Wonderland.
Touchstone: I hate Fairyland! by Skottie Young
Genres: Black comedy, adult cartoon

Content Warning: Kidnapping, cartoon violence, cartoon cruelty or animal death, drinking, drug abuse, swears and curses, cartoon violence, cartoon blood, cartoon murder and death and dying, frustration and cynism.

I started an itch page and you can find more infos there. Again, please note that this is all work in progress.

https://monkeyecho.itch.io/edgelord-assholes-in-wonderland

Here’s the cover to spark your curiosity…
EAiW_Cover_WIP_small

Challenges for game design

• Turn Bonds into Grudges and make them fun
  • Failing forward even if everyone is always putting obstacles in the way of their “friends”
  • Making friendship win over frustration (maybe) to bring them home in the end
  • Enable cool worldbuilding
  • Enable cool/kickass/fun characters
4 Likes

It all started with an innocent(?) birthday party…

1 Like

Oh wow. It’s incredible, really. I want a physical copy like that, now :smiley:

1 Like

Free choice of the party theme (modulo peer pressure and convincing the host of the party), so you may play as a group of badass bunnies.

To eleborate a bit regarding the picture: every player chooses what makes their PC unique and no other player can choose that for their PC. So, if you’re a group of eggs you may be the only one with hands … or a flamethrower … or a pair of cool sunglasses … or - to come back to this shot - your may be the only bunny with a cold-stare/evil eye or you end up as the guy who’s not a bunny at all but only wearing a costume. Your choice.

1 Like