I started to work on a Paragon playset and as of now I have lots of ideas (not written down yet) and a WIP cover.
The set is called Edgelord Assholes in Wonderland and it’s planned as a game about frustrated former friends trapped in cute bodies trying to find their way back home from Wonderland.
Touchstone: I hate Fairyland! by Skottie Young
Genres: Black comedy, adult cartoon
Content Warning: Kidnapping, cartoon violence, cartoon cruelty or animal death, drinking, drug abuse, swears and curses, cartoon violence, cartoon blood, cartoon murder and death and dying, frustration and cynism.
I started an itch page and you can find more infos there. Again, please note that this is all work in progress.
Here’s the cover to spark your curiosity…
Challenges for game design
- Turn Bonds into Grudges and make them fun
- Failing forward even if everyone is always putting obstacles in the way of their “friends”
- Making friendship win over frustration (maybe) to bring them home in the end
- Enable cool worldbuilding
- Enable cool/kickass/fun characters