I'm writing some original Blades music

I’m GMing a Blades game with a bunch of Shakespeare actors from college and elsewhere – it’s wild, watching them play is a frigging delight – and I like to write original music for games I GM. These are the two first tracks I’ve written:

https://youtu.be/C4XXWuVaCyg

https://youtu.be/3YP1pGDFqAA

I’m working on a bunch more tracks for my friends but wonder 1) if people would have any interest in a Blades EP designed to be used as background for play and 2) if people have suggestions for scenarios or moments for which they’d like to have music.

Having fun thinking about it, thought I’d throw it to the community.

4 Likes

These are great! I’d love to hear more.

These are FANTASTIC. I would definitely be interested in hearing more songs.

As for suggestions:

• Something longish and subtle that can be looped for the downtime phase
  • Something ethereal and strange for scenes with ghosts and/or demons
  • Something that the rich and fancy folks would dance and socialize to when the crew inevitably sneaks into their party

Also, and I acknowledge that this is a bit off-topic, but I would love to hear more about a bunch of Shakespeare actors playing Blades. That sounds incredible.

1 Like

Thanks! These are great suggestions!

I totally agree about some longer, loopable tracks. I’ve got a couple that I used last session, I just want to extend them a bit! I’ve got a high-class decadent waltz I’m working on, but need to do more ghost stuff. The closest I did was a track called ‘Electroplasmic Rail’. I’ll maybe post some more as I feel like they’re good enough.

The group is awesome. They’ve come up with a great bunch of characters – a masochistic, anarchist pugilist (say that three times fast!) whose vice is getting the shit beat out of him in the fighting ring; a flamboyant bohemian spider who is capable of being both charming and ruthless; a disowned nobleman desperate to get back into his family’s good graces; and a former field medic who loves tinkering with alternative medicine. It’s fun to just let them loose to roleplay.

2 Likes

Awesome stuff!

Those are awesome! I can’t wait to hear more!

Thank you for posting this. I enjoy both of these pieces. As for suggestions beyond what’s been suggested

• music to set a dramatic and tense scene to
  • fight music
  • something that might be heard in the Night Market during the end of month holiday

Good luck with your group.