My Roll20 setup

Is that hot cocoa or tea though? And who spilled it on the map?!:thinking:

Where do you get your assets? Like the knife and stuff. I’ve had trouble finding images of things from the top like that.
I guess you could be making them yourself but I’m hoping for a source I can get stuff from too :wink:

1 Like

Hey Tubal, they assets mostly come from here: Vile Tiles

2 Likes

OIC, cool :+1:

I used the Theatre of the Mind roll20 pack for my Skydagger Keep setup. Highly recommend it for Forged in the Dark storytelling.

5 Likes

Hey @fictionalbeing, I like your setup. I do have a question though. How did you include little rules snippets, I assume that asset pack doesn’t come with Band of Blades rules specifically but it almost looks like you got a page right out of the pdf.

I’m looking to set something like this up myself, I’d love any tips or pointers you might have.

Hey @Logicon211, yup I took a snapshot of the particular rule in the book and put it in Photoshop (where I collaged some of this). Most everything on my “war table” is from either the rulebook or Vile Tiles, which can be purchased on Roll20.

1 Like

Awesome thank you!

I don’t suppose it’s difficult to do? I’ve messed with photoshop a bit in the past, I could try googling it up a bit. What would that particular technique or effect be called (if you remember)?

• Take a “Snapshot” in Acrobat/Fox-it or similar PDF program. Selection/Copy also works.
  • Open your base image (map, background, etc.) in photoshop.
  • Paste the Snapshot. In Photoshop it will come in as a new layer.
  • Each layer of Photoshop can have a Blending Mode applied. See the Layer Palette, towards the top left. Dropdown says Normal, Dissolve, Darken, etc. Choose the effect you think works best (Multiple is a common solution).

Thats pretty much it. You could build you entire war table in Photoshop, or you could bring it into Roll20 in pieces (what I did). Hope that helps!

Taking inspiration from everyone here, I put together something for my (now) online game. Note the player graffiti.

I also made a loading screen for giggles.

4 Likes

Hello everyone!

Well, I wanted to share my table as well and thank this thread for the inspiration. Also, I created some rollable tokens for the clocks and I thought about sharing them too (at least the .gif files), but I received a warning about the number of files and the fact that I’m a noob in this forum. As soon as I can attach many files to one message, I will drop by again and share the clocks.

Regards

8 Likes

Your table looks amazing!

See if you can upload more images now.

1 Like

Well, so here are the gif files for the countdown clocks, hope they are useful for you:

The 4 ticks clock
clock_4_0 clock_4_1 clock_4_2 clock_4_3 clock_4_4

The 6 ticks clock
clock_6_0 clock_6_1 clock_6_2 clock_6_3 clock_6_4 clock_6_5 clock_6_6

The eight tick clock
clock_8_0 clock_8_1 clock_8_2 clock_8_3 clock_8_4 clock_8_5 clock_8_6 clock_8_7 clock_8_8

4 Likes

Awesome looking table! You can also share the .gifs via a public Dropbox folder, or similar service. (Also, I see you used my cards on the gametable – it’s so cool to see them in the wild! Glad they’re useful.)

They are better than useful. I’m still a bit of a noob GM for FitD games, so this help was super-handy, and it helped also my players a lot so I don’t need to keep on reminding them about all the options they have to boost their rolls.
And… I just realized playing the other day that we need a 10 clock. Otherwise, they will never make it to skydagger keep. Actually, even with the 10 clocks I still have my doubts. It feels that time will be such an issue.

Well, here the 10 clocks:
clock_10_0 clock_10_1 clock_10_2 clock_10_3 clock_10_4 clock_10_5 clock_10_6 clock_10_7 clock_10_8 clock_10_9 clock_10_10

3 Likes

I updated my tabletop, adding space for a map and another position/effect tool (from th
indierpgreadingclub).

2 Likes

Forced to play online due to lockdown, and inspired by this thread - I’ve prepared a roll20 table for our campaign as well :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Very cool. Especially this Action Roll sheet with coins. Cool, cool.

To be fair the sheet is not mine- it’s Sribbles’:
https://community.bladesinthedark.com/t/threat-position-effect-tracking-sheet

But we used it when playing live - with similar coins :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love the Doom face health status. Such nostalgia.

Quartermaster told me she doesn’t want to have shield-clocks, because they are to “impersonal” for tracking legionaries - doom portrait seemed like an adequate “personal” alternative :slight_smile: