Paragon System: what's the playset you're working on?

I’m really excited about the Paragon System (and Agon, of course - right now is my favorite game). I know some users in the forum are working on playsets and I’m super excited also about that.
So, I’m wondering if you want to share the idea / the pitch of your playset.

Ours (I’m working on the playset with a friend of mine) is called Memories of the Fallen and it is inspired by Malazan Book of the Fallen, Berserk, and Band of Blades - and I can’t wait to show you our hack.

2 Likes

I’m working on:

• Storm Furies (BSG style space pilots)
  • Maledictum (cursed paladins)
  • Ride or Die (Fast & Furious racers)
  • Danger Patrol (adapting my old pulp action game to Paragon)
4 Likes

Danger Patrol gave to me a LOT of fun in the past. And there is a little bit (a very little bit) in our Paragon game from it :smiley:

1 Like

I’m working on:

SURGE PROTECTORS (Saturday morning cartoon shapeshifting robots)
Noodling on a playset about Adolescents Genetically Altered Martial Art Testudines.

3 Likes

I’m using the Paragon system to keep myself intentionally limited, making sure my first “game” is small (as the advice goes).

Star-bones, an extremely piratey flavored game about journeying into a strange sea with weird Annihilation / Stalker style touches.

A “twist” I’d like to bring to the game is grouping islands into “Seas”. Each sea has its own distinctive elements (like a sea teeming with leviathan beasts, or one that is dominated by a large, ruin strewed island). Players can spend multiple sessions in each sea, but each session should look much like a traditional island structure. I’m also hoping to inject an element of consequence by having certain “troubles” follow them from island to island, even between seas.

I’d like to strike a balance between intriguing campaign long threads, and the nice tight “bottle episode” nature of the Agon islands.

2 Likes

OH I’m also wanting to work on a Mr. Robot + Psychonauts (Inception) + Hypnospace Outlaw game about broken hackers taking down evil organizations via the dream internet.

1 Like

I’m wanting to modify the system to be for the Fate franchise (the anime focusing on holy grail wars etc). I think a lot will have to be modified, particularly the Divine Favor, i would probably up the die size and give a max of 3 slots. I’m not yet sure if each session should be a war on its own or if there should be stages and it should span multiple wars. There’s definitely a lot of narrative elements I need to alter but I think the system is the best way to represent the fights due to the epic nature of the conflicts.

1 Like

Right now I’m working on a magical girls playset called Beauty of Destiny. (It is, uh, very Sailor Moon-inspired.) It’s definitely going for “monster-of-the-week is a minor nuisance to a small town in Japan” feeling, but… I am highly tempted to throw in a “All right, you filled in the Vault of Heaven equivalent, the team gets one final mission” twist in there.

1 Like

YES PLEASE. I need a Sailor Moon playset - and I hope someone will do a She-Ra playset too :smiley:

In the meantime we’re working of the final layout for Memories of the Fallen, I’m starting to think about a Law & Order playset.
It’s just an idea, right now - but I’d like to work on a very different kind of fiction for our second playset.