Questions about Agony, Mythic Contest

Hello, I’m playing AGON as strife player with my friends. We played several islands. In every session, I re-checked rules and there are some ramained questions about Agony and Mythic contest.

1. If a hero mark 5th Pathos, do they enter to Agony autuomatically?
  2. For resolving Divine Wrath, Heroes may declare a contest as Mythic contest. In this situation, do they have to spend a boon to contest? If they have to, does the boon have to come from same God who to they trying to resolve?

For question 1, we found it confusing as well, but eventually read it as the fifth pathos puts you into agony and played it that way.
So, Yes.

1 Like

For question 1, I’m also not 100% certain but at our table we play it the other way; there is a dot to fill there, and you only need to fill one dot when you mark fate/pathos, and so it still counts. You don’t mark two dots.

For question 2, yes you have to spend Divine Favour in that case, because the contest is Mythic. The rules do not say that the Divine Favour has to come from the relevant god, and personally we do not play it that way at our table.

1 Like

Thanks for your comment!

I see. It seems some differences in every tables about interpreting the rules.

Thanks for your comment!

1 Like