Re-Posting of my Doskvol Map

Hi, I was asked to post some art I did and I decided to re-post my old map. I still get some requests about it from time to time and it’s still available for your games if you want to. If you’re interested DM me and I’ll send you a link. John gave his ok but I don’t have the rights for all the pictures used, so I don’t want to post a public link.

Main motivation was to have a map where north is not left but up and therefore I rotated Johns Map and added the labels again to stay true to the orginal as much as possible. Then I did my fake old map thing togehter with a fake mock thing and voilá (see picture for result). I’m pretty proud of the result, it looks really cool.

11 Likes

Sweet… but would you dare draw on it during games? :smiley:

2 Likes

Yes and no. It’s printed on some foam material and I planned to marker on it during sessions or even use pins for POIs. But my only face2face group chose to ignore the map more or less. They used it just as a mood thing in the background and not as working material. Then we stopped playing blades so right now it just looks good and that’s it.
I have another smaller version for my roll20 games which is useful, too. I’m ok with that and I had great fun re-creating John’s map.

Yeah we ended up using maps mostly for mood too, and some guidiance in scores, like where bridges and piers were and such.

Great for those things though :smile:

1 Like

Awesome map! I’m looking forward to my first ever Blades session next Saturday, and I’m looking for artwork which will help set the scene for my as-yet-unaware-of-how-cool-Doskvol-is crew. Would you be able to send me the link to the map so I can print it out nice and big? Thanks a lot!!

1 Like

This is great! I’m about to run my first session of BitD, and this is good inspiration.

1 Like

As a special request, I did the big map without the wooden background, too. So, now available for all you guys if needed. DM me, if you need the link.

BTW I was asked to forward this advice: Don’t print on glossy paper " which kind of kills the dark and gritty vibe of the setting", so consider this before printing.

2 Likes

Hey could I please get a copy! Looks great :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ah, that’s great, Stefan - it adds a lot to the flavor of the game.

If you read this, would you please DM me the link? I can’t DM you, as apparently I need to earn more ‘levels’ on this forum to enable that ability. I hope to do so over time, but I’m not sure how long it takes.

1 Like

@Zed_Poirier @Ringlin Please check your inboxes. Let me know if somehting’s missing. Have great games!

Thank you Stefan. We had a great first session. This is the glossy print that Stefan mentioned. Image quality is great but this paper has a shiny, soft and somewhat sticky plastic surface. If you like writing/drawing on the map, you may want to print on another type of paper.

1 Like

I would really like to print a large copy of this map for my players next week. I purchased a hard copy of your book and have been blown away by this setting! I would like to immerse my gamers in this world. A link to print this for my game room wall would be very much appreciated.

1 Like

Well, thanks, but “the book” is not my creation. The map is only a fan creation of John’s orginal map with lots of pimping. I’ll send you a link as a DM.

well, thank you! it is beautiful.

1 Like

I’d love one! :heart:

1 Like