So what was your Aleph Key?

Just wondering if anyone here played through that first scenario – and if so, what the thing actually was.

1 Like

In my game it was a ‘Genesis Device’ created by the Ur that would allow someone to ‘remake’ a world, at the cost that they would become consumed in the process. This happened and one of the PCs used it to turn Aleph into a ‘garden world’. They were consumed and the impact on the Rin and the rest of the sector is yet to be realised. I’m planning for faction wars in a mad scrabble for power.

2 Likes

In a one-shot we did the Key was an actual ship key, because starships totally have keys like a car. When placed into the Stardancer, it and everything on board became ghostly, able to pass right through the ship restraints and indeed the star port itself.

We’re gonna be making a full campaign out of it in the next couple weeks, so here’s hoping I haven’t shot myself in the foot by giving such a powerful artifact straight out the gate!

1 Like

If you think so approach your the players and explaine it needs retuning. Keep it lightly.

Maybe it opens the gate to the Ur home system.

There are powerful factions wanting such a powerful artifact. With such a thing comes lots of trouble. Let them feel powerful … and then … :wink:

Missing key for the Hantu Gate?

(Maybe too obvious.)

2 Likes

In my game it was an artifact to reroute waylines from and to Aleph. My players tried to use it and failed catastrophically, making a few spaceships crash at near lightspeed into the surface of Aleph’s moon they were on at the time. They barely escaped and sold it to Maelstrom in hopes of shifting the blame onto them.

1 Like

Since my setting leaned more into space western, I ended up replacing it with the “Aleph File”, which was an encrypted drive detailing lots of government operatives, informants, etc.

The other reason for this was one of my players’ backstories was as an ex-assassin who faked his death and changed his name, so it pushed him to go to great lengths to delay the crew from finding out about his past, and stop it falling into the wrong hands.

2 Likes