V9 (now with integrated dice roller!) virtual play toolbox

Happy day folks! I’m happy to report that based on player feedback v9 of the Virtual Play Toolbox is out. What’s new:
● Added ability to roll dice from PCs tab! Wahoo!
● Added ability to do fate-style zones.
● Made vault checkboxes only appear if the relevant vault is checked.
● Added some cell notes to provide instructions.
● Updated tutorial video to show you how to use all these new features.

For those new to the tool: Roll20 is cool, but for me it is clunky and requires clicking in too many places. As my group tends to play theater-of-the-mind, I just needed Zoom and some really good tools to track info on PCs, crew, faction, etc. AND I needed a way to see lots of characters side-by-side without needing to click through a bunch of windows. That is what inspired this toolbox. Key features:
● Safety: An easy-to-use set of safety tools.
● PCs: Displays up to 8 PC character sheets at a time. Pick a sheet, name your character and select your playbook. The appropriate starting dots, special abilities, contacts, items, etc all fill in automatically. The Alias cell changes color based on the amount of harm a PC has taken, making it easy to be reminded of penalties. A dice roller appears in the left panel.
● Clocks: There are template progress clocks on the PCs tab for use. Each PC also has 3 Long Term Project progress clocks in their respective section. The first small box is the number of ticks. The second, slightly larger box is the size of the clock (4, 6, 8, 10, or 12 Ticks). You can easily copy and paste the blocks to add more clocks should you need them.
● Crew: A digital Crew character sheet.
● Factions: Tracks the faction status and progress clocks for any factions the crew interacts with.
● Zones: If you want more than Theater of the Mind, the Zones tabe allows Fate-style Zone “maps”.
● Cheatsheet: The key rules you may need to look up during a game, organized into expandable sections and subsections. Scroll to find the section you need, hit the “+” icon to the left, and the section expands. Hit the “-” icon to re-collapse the section.
● Names: List of names for NPCs.

I’ll be rolling these changes out to the S&V and Wicked Ones version of the toolbox in the coming weeks.

As always, feedback is greatly welcomed!
Link to toolbox: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DNbmqv8CrgNoh1WMy-9A8mF7U4_YX_eGlEkZSKHCQAA/edit#gid=833421464

4 Likes

So far I’m liking this thing.

Minor point: when setting up a Crew, under “District,” Charhollow isn’t an option. I suspect this means that it’s missing from a defined list, but I don’t really understand Sheets.

1 Like

Thank you for catching that bug! I fixed it in the template. Please give it a look and let me know if it works for you. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DNbmqv8CrgNoh1WMy-9A8mF7U4_YX_eGlEkZSKHCQAA/edit#gid=833421464

If you already have a lot of info on your own copy, there are two ways you can fix it:

• Type Charhallow into the box. You’ll get a warning indicator that that option isn’t in the dropdown, but the answer will be accepted.
  • Open up the hidden LUs tab, scroll over to column L and add Charhallow to the bottom of the list. That will put it into your dropdown.
1 Like

The major feature addition since v9 was the addition of the Vigilantes crew playbook along with some of the custom changes needed to accommodate them. Been playytesting it for the past few months and putting in some polish :).

Added Charhollow to the hidden LUs sheet. Worked perfectly. Thanks!

(LOVING this thing as a way to keep track of the insane amounts of fiddly little info. Almost never need any of it, but when I do, there it is just where I wanted it. Great!)

1 Like

Latest version sports a ton of updates you might like https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DNbmqv8CrgNoh1WMy-9A8mF7U4_YX_eGlEkZSKHCQAA/edit#gid=1407295896