An early version of my forged in the dark espionage game “5 Minutes to Midnight” is now available for free on…
5 Minutes to Midnight is a FITD game about a crew of spies, trying to disrupt the balance of power in an ongoing cold war. They will have to stand strong in the face of their vicious opposition and handle a fragile web of untrustworthy informants, devious intrigues and deadly lies.
While the public may never know about their impact, their actions shape the political landscape and outcome of conflict. Will the players prevent the outbreak of a global disaster and use their influence to create a better future? Will they attempt to send the opposing bloc into a turmoil and establish a lasting hegemony? Or will their actions lead the world down a path of war and nuclear destruction?
- A new system for creating your own alternate-history version of the cold-war, the goals of your factions and the international crisis your players will face
- A toolbox to create your own 2020 cold war Berlin
- New playbooks (like the Uniform, the Tux or the Trenchcoat) and mechanics (for example: Intel, Doomsday Clock) for your characters, crew and world
- Modified rules for Pay-Out, Downtime and Entanglements, which tie into the Doomsday Clock and Crisis systems
- 64 pages of content, 6 playbooks
5mtm has been in development for more than a year, and was playtested with two different groups. Its a small passion project I created during my freetime and is heavily focused on interesting world building and impactful choices.
Its an early release that I will continue to work on over the next months and I would be very interested in and thankful for any kind of feedback.