A Family of Blades - Modern Action & Intrigue

Hi everyone, I just released A Family of Blades, my Leverage-inspired FitD game.

https://ac-luke.itch.io/family-of-blades

THE GAME
A Family of Blades is a tabletop roleplaying game about a team of criminals who became a family, broke up, and have now been thrust back together for one last job.

I wrote A Family of Blades as a streamlined hack of Blades with an emphasis on fast-paced one-shots and episodic gameplay. Inside you’ll find all the rules you need to play games inspired by the likes of Leverage, Burn Notice, Ocean’s Eleven, and the Fast & Furious movies.

EARLY ACCESS
The game is currently half-price for Early Access and you’ll need to reference the SRD or have a working knowledge of the system in order to play. The final version will be entirely self-contained, however, and purchasing the game now also gets you the final version.

7 Likes

This is an excellent boil-down of Blades for one-shot action. I’m really into it!

2 Likes

Just a quick post to say that A Family of Blades was just updated to Version 1.1!

In addition to an extra editing and rules pass, this version includes new artwork and ten new pages describing the five playbooks in greater detail.

Future updates will focus on moving Family towards being an entirely self-contained product, with a focus as ever on streamlining the core Blades rules for ease of learning and playing.

4 Likes

Just another quick post to say that posted I just updated A Family of Blades with a new free scenario:

The List—evidence of the crimes and identities of the world’s most prolific criminals (including yourselves!)—is going to leak to the public in 24 hours. Can you find it in time given the competition of the underworld’s most dangerous rogues and killers, and what will you do with it once you have it?

I plan to have the standalone version of Family ready by the end of Q1 of 2022, so that’s something to look out for in the new year!

2 Likes

I’m excited to announce that the standalone version of A Family of Blades has finally been released!

You now have everything you need to play in the one document! I also made some quality of life updates to the reference sheets, and added a special Player Reference Sheet to help newer players out with the rules.

And with that, except perhaps if there’s some tweaking needed or typos to fix in future, the game is complete! Thanks so much to everyone who supported the game while it was in early access!