A whole campaign of Band of Blades in 1-2 days?

So I’d really like to play this game, because it combines many of my favorite things (Blades, spookies, XCOM), but my last attempt fell through. I’ve decided to attempt a more extreme route, and set up an all day event (or maybe as many as 2) for my birthday where the main event is playing Band of Blades. I realize as is there is simply too much content to get through in a single session, even if it does last all day. Does anyway have a tips or ideas of what could potentially be condensed/removed while still keeping the tone and feel of the game? My birthday is months away still, so I’ve plenty of time to prepare, and I have gotten 4 people who are interested in the attempt.

1 Like

You’d have to cut short a bunch of roleplaying (skip free play scenes). And tighten the missions down to only key scenes. It’s doable but rough :slight_smile: Make sure you put a QM on that’s fast on the downtimes.

1 Like

I salute you sir! I was lucky enough to have a group that was willing to give it a go even though they were lukewarm on the pitch, and I’ll always be grateful to them for that!

1 Like

Thanks for the responses. I realize it’s not ideal, especially because I really enjoy the freeplay roleplay scenes. Another option would be to only run the special missions and reduce other missions to engagement roles. But then we might spend too much of the game in a light military commander sim. I guess I can just try and get through a normal # of missions in the day and hope that everyone loves it so much that they agree to keep going forever. The issue is with babies all over the place nobody can commit to anything anymore.

1 Like