Anyone create Dealthlands creatures?

If anyone has a handy set of deathlands monsters/denizens they’ve drawn up and are willing to share, that would be awesome. Looking for some material for when my players venture out beyond the fences :). Thanks!

my game hasnt gone into the deathlands, but i use this pinterest board for inspiration for creatures
https://www.pinterest.com/frm5993/animalia/

1 Like

No, but it is an interesting question as this is a game with very much human monsters. And demons I suppose. And elder gods. Ok deathlands monsters are not so weird I suppose.

1 Like

And Horrors. Very sad Horrors who feel socially rejected because everyone forget them :blush:

@paulgsilva According to the established lore, the deathlands are infested by ghosts, demons and Horrors (the elctroplasmic and alien established lore creatures). Demons can be almost everything as long as they are material beings, and Horrors are your alien and electroplasmic something (their description is very lucking).

1 Like

Didn’t use them for anything but flavor but I’ve included Hounds of Misery, which are mangy wild dogs, halfway between maned wolves and coyotes with upside-down heads. They have a laughing call which sounds unnatural due to their windpipes forking to go around their spine.

2 Likes

I haven’t had a chance to try it in a game but I’m looking forward to taking inspiration from the Stand Still. Stay Silent webcomic. The comic makes it less about the creatures themselves but how they’re presented: the creatures themselves are rarely seen but their presence is always felt through the chilling debris or damage left behind. The fear of an attack is always present. The characters only catch mortifying glimpses of the creatures before they’re forced to run in fear against a force they can’t comprehend.

The mystery and hidden threat adds so much to the what the characters (and the reader!) feels and I think it’d create a compelling atmosphere for Blades too.

Disclaimers about the comic: it’s probably 100-200 pages before you’d experience what I’m talking about first hand. Also, the story starts with a pandemic so maybe pass on reading if that could be uncomfortable for you.

2 Likes