Discrepancy in Mission Generation Tables

I just noticed the discrepancy between the Mission Generation Tables in the playbooks sheets pdf and the book.

• Assault missions have a chance to give -1 Pressure as a penalty in the sheets, while the table in the book states +1 Pressure.
  • Religious missions have a chance to give +1 Morale as a penalty in the sheets, while the table in the book states -1 Morale.
  • Supply missions have a chance to give +1 Morale as a penalty in the sheets, while the table in the book states -1 Morale.

The values in the book seem to be correct, since the text states:

• Assault missions often increase pressure if they are failed or not completed.
  • Religious missions usually increase pressure or reduce morale if they are failed or not completed.
  • Supply missions have the most variable severity of penalties, but may cost supply or morale when failed or not completed.

But our campaign has already arrived at Fort Calisco and I’ve already rolled some missions from the false tables including the wrong values. We will continue to push on to Skydagger Keep regardless with the correct tables from now on. But I thought this should be of note to anyone using the PDFs.

2 Likes

Yep, that definitely looks like an error in the BoB-sheets. Thanks. I’ve amended my copy for some distant future where I play face-to-face again.

Seconded, you can tell it’s an error because it makes no sense logically otherwise. It’s listed as a mission failure penalty in the book and handouts.

1 Like