Fort Calisco Blight Tank relic

"Blight Tank. (Moves 1d corruption from subject to victim. Can break blight into 6 corruption. User receives 1d3 corruption.)

So… why is it called a tank if it just transfers corruption from somebody to somebody else? The relic apparently does not “stock” corruption.

And… could the “victim” who receives the corruption be an undead? How have you played it?

I read ‘tank’ as suggesting that it’s large and not easily transported. I figure people are put inside and there’s alchemical flowing to and fro, maybe even total immersion. It’s probably also a tank because the process and materials involved are highly volatile, so surrounding areas need protection. As well as to isolate a deeply problematic process from easy detection; hiding outward appearances and escaping sounds, smells, and vibrations.

Since this tank is inside Fort Calisco, I think the only victims so far having been the living. It’s amazing what people will do get out of debt or what price they’ll pay to save loved ones.

Yeah, you’re probably quite right about the description of the thing.

As for the victims, yes, until now they’ve been human, the Garde Mechaniq does the evil thing with humans. But I do hope my Legion will not! I like the idea of doing to the undead what they have do unto us…

Thanks!

Undead are undead. They don’t get corruption. Only people get corruption. In case it’s not obvious from the mission, this is an ethical question - not a hack. Look at the world rules: Magic creates as many problems as it solves. If it seems to be a genius plan with no drawbacks … chances are it doesn’t work the way you expect. Always apply the fiction first rules.

2 Likes