I’ve got a FitD game I’ve been working on for a while, and I am getting back into designing after a year long hiatus. It’s called Girl by Moonlight, and it is about tragic magical girls.
The playtest document can be found here: link
I designed the game mostly live on twitch, and so there is a series of videos of my process that you can check out, along with some actual play, on my youtube channel: link
I’m currently revising my rules and reworking at least one of the playsets, so the details might be changing a fair bit over the next few weeks, but it’s in a fairly playable state, last I checked. I’ll try to post changelogs and updates here whenever I make significant edits.
I’d love to hear about folks’ playtest experiences. Things I am most keen to know at the moment are:
- What setting/situation options folks chose from their series playset
- Which character playbooks the crew chose
- Which rules/circumstances folks struggled with, either to understand/explain, or if they slowed down play considerably
I’m currently working on:
- Revising ‘In a Maze of Dreams’. It’s getting a significant overhaul, it really needs some structural support for the whole conspiracy thing that it is going for.
- Revising Engines from ‘On a Sea of Stars’. Just looking to clean them up a little, and streamline their mechanics.
- Writing pre-gen characters and situations for each series playset. This will include a one page outline and pitch sheet for each pre-gen, plus the full set of series/character sheets filled out with the relevant details. These will be suitable for one-shot play, with the option to run as a campaign. Pre-gens will feature something similar to the accelerated start for one-shot play that I had outlined previously.