What are some of your most interesting homebrew crew upgrades?
One of ours (probably too complex in design, feedback welcome!):
Fortification I: Your liar is renovated to withstand direct assaults in a way invisible to a casual observer, but clear to an expert’s eye.
- Walls are reinforced and can withstand anything less than Force IV.
- 1st-floor windows are barred to prevent entry.
- Doors can withstand anything less than Force III.
- Discrete weapon ports allow defenders to fire with greater protection.
- “Enemy Inside” 6 Clock (vs unfortified 4 Clock)
- Crew & Allies inside the Lair are treated as +1 scale
Panic Room: Provides a completely hidden, nearly undetectable (so long as the occupants remain quiet) room. Sized & provisioned to sustain the Crew’s leadership for up to two weeks. Connects to Secret Entrance (if built).
Mechanical Benefits: none
Here is a repository of all of the ones we’ve come up with + the ones from the book.