Looking for Group - San Diego, CA

Who?
Hi everyone! I’m Brett Maack (he/him). I’m a lover of roleplaying games, but much of that love goes unrequited on average. My goal this year is to form a strong, steady group that meets and plays regularly. I’ve got a full time job and a long-time girlfriend, so my free time is a little limited, but provided I can keep the ball rolling with whatever group I wind up forming, I intend to meet my goal for this year.

What?
I’ve never played/run Blades in the Dark before, but I’m really excited to give it a try. I’m perfectly happy with attempting to run the game, provided my players are patient with me as I learn the system.

Where?
San Diego, CA is on Pacific Daylight Time (GMT-7) and if anyone is interested in meeting in a physical space, I was thinking either Lestat’s on Adams Ave or Game Empire over in Kearny Mesa. Keep in mind that I’m definitely open to play digitally as well!

When?
I’m willing to make a commitment for a maximum of 1 day a week, though if that day is Saturday or Sunday, it’d probably have to be every other week. I can do Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday evenings (think of a start time between 5-6ish). The sessions would last between 2-4 hours.

How?
We’d start with an initial meetup / session zero to see if everyone gels. I’m very serious about keeping the table LGBTQ-friendly and want to ensure that a safe space is created before we dive into the dark streets of Doskvol.

Why?
Because Blades is awesome! Duh!