My Roll20 setup

Awesome looking table! You can also share the .gifs via a public Dropbox folder, or similar service. (Also, I see you used my cards on the gametable – it’s so cool to see them in the wild! Glad they’re useful.)

They are better than useful. I’m still a bit of a noob GM for FitD games, so this help was super-handy, and it helped also my players a lot so I don’t need to keep on reminding them about all the options they have to boost their rolls.
And… I just realized playing the other day that we need a 10 clock. Otherwise, they will never make it to skydagger keep. Actually, even with the 10 clocks I still have my doubts. It feels that time will be such an issue.

Well, here the 10 clocks:
clock_10_0 clock_10_1 clock_10_2 clock_10_3 clock_10_4 clock_10_5 clock_10_6 clock_10_7 clock_10_8 clock_10_9 clock_10_10

3 Likes

I updated my tabletop, adding space for a map and another position/effect tool (from th
indierpgreadingclub).

2 Likes

Forced to play online due to lockdown, and inspired by this thread - I’ve prepared a roll20 table for our campaign as well :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Very cool. Especially this Action Roll sheet with coins. Cool, cool.

To be fair the sheet is not mine- it’s Sribbles’:
https://community.bladesinthedark.com/t/threat-position-effect-tracking-sheet

But we used it when playing live - with similar coins :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love the Doom face health status. Such nostalgia.

Quartermaster told me she doesn’t want to have shield-clocks, because they are to “impersonal” for tracking legionaries - doom portrait seemed like an adequate “personal” alternative :slight_smile:

very cool.

1 Like

Borrowed several idea from others in the thread, haven’t played yet on it but first session is Monday. I can’t wait!

Campaign Map

Also thanks all my sources for their hard work:
Excellent Clocks by Richard Tran
Table Background and Addons by Gabriel Pickard
And I couldn’t post my mission setup in this post since I’m new, but I’m using the excellent Position/Effect tracking sheet by Scribbles (link posted earlier in the thread) as well

6 Likes

Mixed cool stuff from others to make mine:

If anyone wants the squad avatars as alpha pngs, let me know.

5 Likes

I took the clocks from @Pablo_Vega and cleaned them up a bit, and added a 12 clock: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1IScAy-7bOzFi-tvnIJSNg_5o27ElR1iw

1 Like

I see another spanish-speaking Blader!

¿Grabáis las partidas, Pablo? ¡Me encantaría poder ver alguna!

1 Like

Hola!

Me temo que no, juego con mis colegas de toda la vida y somos unos viejales. En realidad, esto de que hayan aceptado jugar en línea ha sido solo por lo del COVID-19. Si les digo de grabar partidas igual les da un síncope.

Hi!, I’m afraid not, I play with my old buddies and we are a bunch of old farts. Actually, just the fact that they accepted to play online was only due to COVID-19. If I ask them to record the sessions they may have a stroke.

2 Likes

Heh, I understand. I’m an old timer too, the switch from tabletop to Roll20 took about 3 sessions to click (the first ones were a disaster), but currently I find it very interesting, and even better for some things (upkeep and paperwork is infinitely easier, for example, and I can use concept art and music as ambience for each different scene easily. I’ve got about 4-5 different environments per location and that generally covers anything the players may want to visit).

I’ve found recording really helps with checking the strong and weak points of the game afterwards, helping make a conscious effort to improve.

All in all, I’m so glad to find another spanish FitD player. The games are almost unknown here, which is a shame, because all campaigns and one shots I’ve played have been really successful. If you’re up for it, I’d love to exchange notes on the game some time. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m thinking of using this as my gameboard for Roll20, with the beads and coins as moveable objects.

5 Likes

May I ask how you made the portrait cards?

Of course! It’s super later here but I’ll post tomorrow morning on where I got them and how I edit them.

1 Like

So the initial post and person that I pulled this link from I am not sure where or from when, I believe they are from the old G+ files that I pulled into my resource Discord server.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cZ-lUWbsgnQeyMcqcWWzn8Fn6LmyhB66/view

What I do is take my players images for their characters and edit filters first then I pop it into 3D Paint and add the image and the text beneath the cards. I recently began using Krita so will likely use that in the future. Recently I adjusted my current campaign game board which I will post here :slight_smile:

Changes made in relation to a recent RP scene I wrote and wanted to telegraph that more to my table. Please note the GM note section was moved elsewhere in the Roll20 journal and I still need to add the weather and character clocks.

RP Scene here
https://docs.google.com/document/d/14WJ6WFLWmpqGnJBZ04DNMUXGbXg7Fb-pVM_Ubu0i6s8/edit?usp=sharing

3 Likes

Thanks so much!

1 Like