Physical book - first impressions

The physical book finally arrived and I would like to express my satisfaction from it! It is fantastic in almost all aspects - covers are sturdy, the binding is very solid with stitches and glue from what I can see, the paper is heavy and glossy.

The whole experience is like browsing an art book, not game book :slight_smile: I had hopes that this will be the result when I reviewed the PDF and the final product didn’t disappoint. Especially when shipping over the sea with import cost almost as the book itself! No regrets, the POD will probably never reach this quality.

The form-factor is perfect for reading in the bed, on the sofa, chair or while commuting, without the burden caused by the bigger and heavier books that are more or less a standard in the industry. \

The only grief I have (and it is the same with BotD and BoB) is that the dark matt finish is fingerprint and moist magnet. Quite unpleasant, but I guess there is no such thing as full happiness :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I agree with all points, positive and negative. The thing I continue to notice even after it’s got a little battered on the corners and fingerprinty on the front, is the weight of it - the pages are heavy-weight and silk finished in a way that is very pleasing.

One review I’ve read pointed to the minimal pictures making it hard to visualise the world, but I love the art-style and find it plenty (in conjunction with the dark images) to spark my imagination of this place. As a typesetting fan, perhaps the bold use of the chosen fonts and graphic elements is more to my taste than some.