Making a game Forged in the Dark? Looking for a publisher?
If so, ping me. Evil Hat is interested in publishing more games that are based on the Blade in the Dark ruleset, i.e. Forged in the Dark.
What we’re looking for:
- Complete or near-complete games that have been thoroughly playtested.
- Game manuscript in plain text format (not in layout).
- Setting/genre that would fit in Evil Hat product lines.
- Some mock ups of character and crew sheets as a point of reference for the graphic designer to work from.
- Ideas about layout and art aesthetic (including artists you have in mind).
- A willingness to work with us on all aspects of the game as we go through the editing, layout, proofing, art direction, and indexing to get it ready for print.
- A partner in marketing the game along-side us by playing it online, at conventions, with local groups and generally building the excitement that comes from play.
Services we provide:
- Finishing (we have a stable of talent to do editing, layout, art, proofing, indexing, etc).
- Project Management (we’ll work with you as well as all the staff assigned to the project to complete the game and make sure it meets our standard of production quality, which is pretty damn high).
- Marketing (this is co-operative aspect. EHP will use our marketing engine but the most ardent fans will always come from you).
- Manufacturing (developing the print spec, getting quotes, proofs, and working with the printer to complete the book).
- Fulfillment (delivery to wholesale, direct vendors like IPR, and backers/pre-order customers, along with the customer service and ongoing inventory supply management needed).
We’ve worked with John Harper to publish Blades in the Dark and we couldn’t be happier with what a great game it is. We want to work with you to make even more of them. In fact, we already may be working with some of you now
Ping me and let me know if you’re interested! seannittner at gmail.
Questions about Blades in the Dark licencing
Check out all the info about using the Blades SRD here: https://bladesinthedark.com/licensing