Slugblaster! Kickflip over a Quantum Centipede

Hey everyone!

So I’ve been putting off posting about my hack because I wasn’t entirely sure if it was going to come together. I tend to be too private about my projects, and I want to be more involved in this rad community that inspired me in the first place. So here’s what I’m doing!

It’s called Slugblaster. You’re basically a crew of teenage skateboarders trying to make a name for yourself, except instead of sneaking into abandoned pools and running away from rent-a-cops you’re sneaking into other dimensions and running away from hungry meta-terrestrials.

You can read more about it here.

And check out the art I just got back from the amazing Scott A. Ford!

Anyways! I’ll post more crunchy bits and hack-talk soon, since I know that’s what you massive nerds want, but I just thought I’d start with this. :slight_smile:

Love and terror,

Mikey

P.S. Did I post this in the right sub-category? Should it be in Workshop or Library instead?

14 Likes

Looks wild!

This category or Workshop is fine. Library is better after you’ve settled the design work and release the game.

2 Likes

Love the idea, and the pitch/summary of the game on the website is fantastic. Looking forward to seeing more!

3 Likes

Into it! Crunchy bits!

1 Like

Sounds great! Can’t wait to hear more about it :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve been hanging out on the discord these days, and keep forgetting to update here! Anyways!

The Slugblaster BETA is done, and open for community playtesting/feedback!

Game Document

Digital Sheets

Let me know what you think! <3

4 Likes

This looks dope! Love your digital sheets, too.

2 Likes

Hey gang!

Slugblaster is heading to KS in the fall, and I’m running fairly regular playtests over the summer. If you’re interested in playing sometime, or just staying updated, feel free to join the discord! It’s shaping into a fun little community!

https://discord.gg/f34WgpE

1 Like

I love this so far and I’m only reading the intro. I’m an aggressive inline skater and really want to hack equipment to be skates rather than a board. Love the art and color.

Absolutely! I have had playtesters who go with skates or bikes instead of boards. Easy cosmetic swap. I just wanted to keep the scope narrow for the default experience.

1 Like

Hey everyone! Slugblaster is kickstarting next Thursday!

Here is the pre-launch page.

And here is an advanced copy of Slugblaster Turbo, a one-shot version of the game I’ll be providing to backers. (It’s built in google sheets, for online play) Thought y’all should have it regardless, for hacking purposes.

<3

1 Like