Suggestions for the Tantari Banner?

The players have chosen this mission and are excited about it in RP terms. Hey, it’s the original Legion banner, that the First Emperor gave to the First Marshal! However, the mission boost – +2 Morale, then ignore the next 5 deaths – is kind of meh to begin with, and not an ideal fit for this group. (Their Legion’s morale is very high atm.)

So what else could the Tantari Banner do? I’d love to have some effect that links it to the way-back lore of the Legion…

Also, suggestions for the setup are welcome. It’s an archeological dig type of thing? And you’re racing the undead? That’s pretty vague…

Thoughts?

I’d let the effect stand. If their morale is high, great–the Tantari banner will keep it high, and that will win them the game. In my experience, the mechanical effects of relics are handy, but the real value is in the narrative power of having won a really cool prize. If you’re concerned that it’s underwhelming, I’d just look for opportunities to fictionally include it in future missions. (e.g. Route an undead force that outnumbers you in front of the Westlake gates while carrying the banner to impress the Aldermen).