The crew have pissed some Big Cheese off. He orders an expert sniper to attack one of them.
En route to the next score, he strikes: Sights-up from a long distance with a high calibre rifle and fires.
How to handle this?
- Do it from the assassin’s POV. Treat him like a player with 4 on Hunt, say, and roll with that. And treat 6s & crits as “the target’s head is blown off”. The player will do a Resistance roll. of course, to save his life.
- Do it from the assassin’s POV, but use Fortune instead. 4-6 as above. This might fit more with the game tropes, but to me doesn’t feel right. Blind luck is not an expert.
- Do it from the assassin’s POV and just declare he’s so good, he hits automatically. Resist as above.
- Do it from the target’s POV. He uses Survey or maybe Hunt to spot the killer. If he gets a Fail, then Resist head blown off as above, otherwise can dive for cover or get wounded.
- Decide that you will treat this attack as a Downtime consequence, and handle it like option 3.
Other ideas, mechanics?