The Devil's Almanac - Devil's Bargains for Blades in the Dark

Good evening, Scoundrels.

Just finished my submission for the Generator Jam 2021. The Devil’s Almanac is a brief collection of random tables to help you generate devil’s bargains at your table. You can roll randomly or select bargains based on character playbook, crew, district, score, etc.

It’s also a good way of generating complications of other consequences. Devil’s bargains are one of my favourite mechanics, but it’s sometimes hard to come up with something original or tempting on the fly. Hopefully these can help inspire you!

Check out The Devil’s Almanac on itch

OR

Check it out on DriveThruRPG

21 Likes

Wanted to say I had a lot of fun using this in a game yesterday. I used a few playbook bargains and they slotted in perfectly. Thank you for the work you put in to this!

2 Likes

Excellent! And you’re welcome! So glad they worked out for you.

This looks amazing. I haven’t started a group yet but I’m grabbing any supplements I can find.

1 Like

This is super cool. even just reading 36 examples in a row is very fun and makes me want to use the DB Rule more often. I use it… not enough

1 Like

Bought it. Love it. Using it this weekend. Thanks!

1 Like

You’re welcome!

Going to run a Vigilantes crew with one 3rd party character playbook, so I’ll have less use of this than I’d like, but it’s still good fodder!
A lot of “-1 standing with X faction”, which seems pretty serious to me o_O

1 Like

I just bought this! It looks great and the name your own price aspect is really appreciated. Thank you for putting the effort in.

I didn’t pay as much as I might have liked (blame the cost of living crisis here in the UK!), but if you like alt.country / folk music, then I’d be happy to send you mine on the house as a thank you.

3 Likes

No worries, every little bit helps, and I won’t say no to music in trade! Feel free to send me a DM!

1 Like