[WIP] Sky Pirate Monster Friends v.03

This is a game about playing as monsters who have recently escaped servitude in the Dungeons of the Underworld and now go about adventures in a custom airship! The point of the game is to get tools and supplies to improve your monster Sanctuary, and your method of doing this will depend on the crew playbook you choose.
Sky Pirate Monster Friends makes a number of changes to the Blades in the Dark formula, aiming for a light-hearted fantasy romp that still allows for deep character drama and cascading failure.

You can find the game as a google doc right here. It is currently in its third iteration awaiting further playtests and feedback to guide revision.

I’m very interested in any feedback you can provide, and really appreciate your time! :smiley:

7 Likes

This is cool! Thanks for sharing your work.

I’ve been tinkering with the sky-goblins chapter for the Lady Blackbird game set, so my mind has been in this space recently. I think you totally nail the right tone and style for this kind of monster-y fun. It’s a tricky thing to convey! Kudos.

I’m gonna tweet about this and hopefully that’ll attract some playtesters. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hello! I’m new to this format so I hope I post this correctly…

Anyway, I found your game idea super inspiring so I decided to do a piece of fan art. This is a shaded and outlined piece of a ship. I hope you like this and I can’t wait to see this game inspire others the way it has me. If you want to chat my discord is @poltergeist#7216.

4 Likes

AHHHH!! Wow this is amazing! Thank you so much! <3 <3 <3