Update on The Doomed?

I’m not sure this is the right forum, or whether this is even a legit question to ask. If I’m wrong on either front, I apologize.

Is there any news about The Doomed? I’m extremely interested in this.

4 Likes

Bump?
(Hope that’s not rude)

Could you give us a quick reminder on what that is ? My mind only blanks on the MASKS! playbook. Was there a hack in progress ?

I believe they are referring to the super villain hack/Kickstarter goal:

"UNLOCKED ($90,000) The Doomed: “Look, we don’t have to worry about The Dark Avenger; he’s in the morgue. The Hero Squadron just got their minds swapped by The Mystic Eye or whatever, who knows. What I’m saying is: nobody’s around to stop one little bank robbing spree. We just keep it low key and it’s us and our powers versus a bunch of beat cops. What could go wrong? " The Doomed takes Blades in the Dark to the worlds of superheroes. You’ll be playing the small-time villains trying to make it big in a world where an alien invasion is just another Tuesday. New characters and crew types give you everything you need to play in the style of The Superior Foes of Spider-Man and the Giffen/DeMatteis Injustice League. By Sage Latorra (co-author of Dungeon World).”

4 Likes

Sorry, but yes - what n0ble said.
I’m very curious to see how someone uses the core rules from BitD to deal with not only super powers, but other stylistic features of supers settings.

1 Like

Same here, especially how things like scale will work with stuff like super strength and durability, as well as what sort of special abilities might emerge (one I’ve had in my head for a while is a Hulk-like one where you take 2 heat instead of pushing, representing collateral damage, using cars and major pieces of the environment as weapons etc.). In anticipation of it I’ve been working out a custom setting I’d be more than happy to share if people want

I’m also really interested in what sort of playbooks will come out of it!

1 Like

My issue is I have a setting (about 21K words lol) in search of a rulest.

Sage is still working on it. We got some updates earlier this year – hoping to have a draft to share this summer.

6 Likes

Just wondering if there have been any updates with regards to this goal. Sorry if its bothersome/the wrong place to ask :confused:

Sage has a draft ready and I’m in the process of lightly editing it and putting it in a useful layout. Hope to have it ready for backers soon.

3 Likes

I’ve had a read through the text version that came out recently and I like the bones I’m seeing. I’m hopeful for it to get fleshed out a lot though, because it feels very dry from what’s here.

1 Like

Interesting, speaking as a non backer (still cursing myself) what would you say made it dry?

It has no preamble, nothing about the setting, the tone, the idea behind the game, or how to run it. It’s just playbooks, faction lists and some tables. You can infer stuff from the contents, but it doesn’t have a statement of vision, you know?

Seems like there is work in the progress for it.

As well, I am working on my own version of FitD with superpowers based off of the web serial Worm.

It’s still in development, but if you’re interested in running a game about a crew of villains running amok, you can give it a try until the Doomed comes out.

The PDF link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/16k12BY4UNwEzAwrhlcscmDyar_ls-lM8/view?usp=sharing

1 Like

From what I’ve read so far his is awesome! I love Worm, can’t wait to read more of it and see what you’ve done with it!

1 Like